Interlibrary Loan Services from
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
For information about those eligible for using interlibrary loan services, see "Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service".
For all others, please see "Borrowing Material from Smithsonian Institution Libraries".
Staff eligible for interlibrary loan service may request materials in the following ways:
- Fill out the ILL request form and return to the address indicated. ILL request forms are available in
any SIL branch or call the ILL OFFICE at 202-357-2158; form can be photocopied if additional forms are needed. You can
also submit your by fax at 202-786-2443.
- Fill out an online ILL Request form (Adobe PDF Format) NOTE: your WWW browser must support e-mail for you to use this form.
- Use the World Wide Web to submit ILL requests NOTE: your WWW browser must support e-mail for you to use this form.
- We cannot take
interlibrary loan requests by telephone
- There is a limit of 5 ILL requests per customer per day.
- See "Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service" for more information.