Germain, Eugene–Los Angeles, California–established
Germain’s Seed and Plant Company in 1871. Later the successor was
called the Germain Fruit Company. The firm exported callas, freesias,
amaryllis, cannas and other bulbous plants. In 1884, the firm was
exclusively in the seed business. A 1900 catalog listed tree seeds
including unusual species, many succulent plants, as well as flower seeds.
In 1957, the company combined with Aggeler and Musser Seed Company.
Sources: CHSJ-Jul. 1968