Templin, Lewis–(d.1899)–Calla, Ohio–Established
L. Templin & Sons in 1860, and incorporated in 1904. The nurseries
propagated fruits, ornamental trees, and vines. His first catalog
was published in 1881. Templin’s three sons took over the company
after his death in 1899. The three sons were R. L. Templin, M. B.
Templin, and W. W. Templin. The 1904 catalog has extensive photographs
of the nursery, testing gardens, seed rooms, greenhouse, and offices with
reading room for employees.