Search form

Blog Icon Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Tumblr Icon Instagram Icon Flickr Icon YouTube Icon RSS Icon Email Icon
"By Aeroplane to Pygmyland" Accounts of the 1926 Smithsonian-Dutch Expedition to New Guinea

Interpretive Essays

Browse Photos and Film

Expedition Source Material

About this Project

expedition source material

Annotations to the Journal of Stanley Hedberg

Date of Note/View Entry Keyword(s) Note

May 23, 1926 Splitsings Camp

Also spelled “Splitzings” Camp or “Splitingscamp” (in Dutch, “Splitsingsbivak” means “split/junction [in the river] camp”) this camp site, pre-dating the 1926 expedition, was located near the junction of River “A” and the Rouffaer River.

 

CreditsPermissionsMore Expeditions & Voyages