Search form

Blog Icon Facebook Icon Twitter Icon Tumblr Icon Instagram Icon Flickr Icon YouTube Icon RSS Icon Email Icon
"By Aeroplane to Pygmyland" Accounts of the 1926 Smithsonian-Dutch Expedition to New Guinea

Interpretive Essays

Browse Photos and Film

Expedition Source Material

About this Project

expedition source material

Annotations to the Journal of Stanley Hedberg

Date of Note/View Entry Keyword(s) Note

August 9, 1926 Explorators

Explorators camp is also spelled as, “Exploritors,” “exploratuers,” or, abbreviated as “E.C.” by Hedberg. Refered to as “Exploration Camp” on the “Map of The Mamberamo River Netherlands New Guinea” it was located near the village of Tombe and was the last main camp on the expedition. Stirling does not specifically name the camp in his journal but refers to it as, “our camp by the gorge to Tombe.”

 

CreditsPermissionsMore Expeditions & Voyages