Museum Studies: Conservation and Preservation
- African Art Museum Conservation Department
The only conservation center in the United States exclusively devoted to works of African art
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- Canadian Conservation Institute
Promotes the proper care of Canada's cultural heritage and advances the science, practice and technology of conservation.
- Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA)
This site was established in 1977, and is one of the largest regional conservation laboratories in the country. CCAHA serves cultural, educational and research institutions; individuals; corporations and private organizations throughout the USA. CCAHA specializes in the treatment of art and historic artifacts on paper. The website has been redesigned in 2005. It showcases free technical bulletins and new workshop offerings.
- Conservation Online
CoOL, a project of Stanford University Libraries, is a full text library of conservation information, covering a wide spectrum of topics of interest to those involved with the conservation of library, archives and museum materials.
- Digital Preservation for Museums: Recommendations Bibliography
This is an authoritative bibliography from CHIN, the Canadain Heritage Information Network.
- Heritage Preservation
Heritage Preservation works to ensure the preservation of America's collective heritage for present and future generations.
- Independent Media Arts Preservation Inc. (IAMP)
IAMP is a non-profit organization committed to the preservation of non-commercial electronic media, video, audio, and digital media. They provide education, training and advocacy.
- National Center for Preservation Technology Training (NCPTT)
NCPTT is a trans-disciplinary effort by the The National Park Service to enhance the art, craft, and science of preservation and conservation.
- National Council for Preservation Education
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
The National Trust for Historic Preservation provides leadership, education and advocacy to save America's diverse historic places and revitalize our communities.
Our goal is to foster the preservation of historic buildings, historic downtowns and neighborhoods, cultural resources and promote heritage tourism by facilitating communication among preservationists, historical societies, State and Federal historic preservation offices, and the general public.
- Preserve America Program
This White House iniative "recognizes communities that protect and celebrate their heritage, use their historic assets for community revitalization and encourage heritage tourism."
- Recent Past Preservation Network
This nonprofit was established in 2000 for events and publications that focused on cultural resources less that 50-years old.
- Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education
- Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education (SCMRE)
The purpose of the Smithsonian Center for Materials Research and Education is to increase and disseminate scientific knowledge that contributes to improved preservation and conservation of museum collections and related materials and to the enhancement of their contextual interpretation.
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC)
Stanford University Library host this website on conservation.
- U.S. National Committee of the International Council on Monuments and Sites (US/ICOMOS)
The U.S. National Committee of the International Council on Monuments and Sites (US/ICOMOS) fosters heritage conservation and historic preservation at the national and international levels through education and training, international exchange of people and information, technical assistance, documentation, advocacy and other activities consistent with the goals of ICOMOS and through collaboration with other organizations.