Selected Internet Resources
Basic Research Tools
- Best of History Web Sites
- Historical Census Browser
- History Matters: The U. S. Survey Course on the Web
- Library of Congress: American Memory
- National Archives Research Room
- National History Day
- NMAH History Explorer
- Documents in Law, History, and Diplomacy
- ECHO: Exploring & Collecting History Online
- Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History
The Gilder Lehrman Institute's website, serves as a gateway to American history online with resources for educators, designed specifically for K-12 teachers and students.
- Philadelphia Area Center for History of Science
The Philadelphia Area Center for History of Science is a consortium of educational and cultural institutions using the exceptional resources of the Philadelphia area to promote public and scholarly understanding of the history of science, technology, and medicine. The participants are: The Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, the American Philosophical Society, the Chemical Heritage Foundation, the College of Physicians of Philadelphia, the Hagley Museum and Library, the Historical Society of Pennsylvania, the Library Company of Philadelphia, the University of Pennsylvania, and the Wager Free Institute of Science.
- Using Primary Sources on the Web