.: TL-2 Search Help
The search engine of TL-2 operates in two different ways: A full-text keyword search and an advanced search more specific to the structure of TL-2. Tips for searching in each are listed below.
This searches on words or word fragments. For example, "plant" will find "plants" or "novelty" will find "novelties". It is important to remember that this search requires whole words. "pla" will not find "plant" or "plan". Wildcards such as ? or * cannot yet be used in this form of searching.
The advanced search does not use wildcards, either, but includes them for you automatically in some cases as listed below.
- TL-2 Name (Author): Performs an exact match. Use * for a wildcard. Exmaple: "smi*" matches "smith" and "smiley" but not "broeksmit". Wilcards may be use at the beginning and/or end of the search term.
- TL-2 Number (Title): No wildcards. The period is optional. ("19.234" matches "19234" and vice versa.)
- Surname: Performs an exact match. Use * for a wildcard. Identical to TL-2 Name.
- Born: No wildcards. Use a 4-digit year.
- Died: No wildcards. Use a 4-digit year.
- Lived: No wildcards. Use a 4-digit year.
- Title: Adds a wildcard to the beginning and end. ("log" will match "Catalogue")
- Publication Year: No wildcards. Use a 4-digit year. We have made an attempt to search within the range of publication dates, if a range is found to exist. There may be cases where the date range was incorrectly identified. Please contact us if you find any problems.
For the keyword search, the results are included in order of relevance and include highlighted portions of the text that included the found keywords.
For the advanced search, the matching author or authors is returned with the matching publications listed below each author.
Contact UsPlease use our contact form to send us a message. Be sure to choose "Taxonomic Literature II" in the "Subject" drop-down and include a detailed description of your question. We usually respond within 24 hours.